Once a new website is launched, we would need to install some basic tracking tools that will provide us insights on how the search engines and the users are engaging with the website.
Here’s a short list of what should be installed:
- Google Analytics: the basis tracking tool that will provide powerful insights and metric on traffic and browsing experience. With that later, we could optimize the buyers’ journey experience and increase conversions.
- Google Search Console: another free tool from Google that aims to provide technical insights on the performance of a website. This tool allows more technical analysis than Google Analytics yet the two must be linked. GSC will also provide rankings and search experience data In order to allow better SEO strategy.
- Google Tag Manager: the easiest way to install all Google’s tracking codes would be with Google Tag Manager, or GTM. This tool allows virtual code installation from one dashboard, so instead of hard coding each and every tracking code individually, this tool allows a more simplified application of these codes without the need of hard coding.
- eCommerce Tracking: in order to get eCommerce KPIs and revenue data – an eCommerce tracking code should be installed and fired correctly. This piece is essential for any eCommerce marketing strategy in order to measure its success.
All these tools are free of charge. Once the website grows and earn higher equity and traffic, we would need to install and use additional tools to measure the fruits of the digital marketing strategies across all the board.
Main tools we recommend:
- SEM Rush: great tool that provides many sorts of insights for SEO, PPC, PLA, content performance and technical data. This program is highly scalable and answers most of the marketing needs.
- Screaming Frog: power tool for technical SEO and deep website crawling. This software will scan the website and provide deep insights on various technical issues. From duplicated meta tags to crawling issues – this tool covers it all. If you are running a large eCommerce website that has thousands of products and the SEO is lagging, there might be some technical issues behind the scenes. This tool is the Swiss army knife for such problems.